The Arts and Contemporary Studies Course Union in collaboration with the Faculty of Arts is running a clothing drive to collect gentle-used clothing, blankets, and linen. All clothes collected will be donated to Out in the Cold: Dixon Hall. As temperatures continue to drop, the course unions decided it would be great for RU to give back to the community around us ... and with that, you will finally be able to have that cleaner, more organized closet you've been dreaming of since January!
Thursday, February 26, 2015
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Unsure of what to do after graduation? Want to learn more about where your degree can take you? Come find out what it takes to translate your in-class lessons into workplace material from the people who know best! Alumni from your faculty will help guide the way - and share wisdom on what it took to make it happen,who helped them, and how you can get a running start.
Don't forget to register by clicking on the date you're available below!
For questions, email email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Students just like you have...
· Started an online and printed publication that is made up of artwork and other creations by students, promoting local artists in Toronto a means to publish their work for free, and for others to discover and appreciate some great work that they may not otherwise come across.
· Hosted an academic conference at Ryerson to promote and recognize undergraduate research.
· Started an organization assisting Ryerson students with valid student cards secure free, gently used professional clothing for interviews and also connecting them to interview prep support.
· Presented their research at academic conferences nationally and internationally.
· Taken tours through the penitentiary systems in Kingston, ON to see the Justice system in action.
· Travelled to Ottawa to learn and connect with the many people, institutions and offices that make up our federal government.
· Filmed and Developed a Documentary Film exploring how Trans individuals create, maintain, and experience gender and community as social constructs and facets of identity.
YOU CAN DO IT TOO....
The Faculty of Arts wants to support you by providing grants of up to $1500 for your project or activity.
Carefully read through the Faculty of Arts Student Project Grant website at http://www.ryerson.ca/arts/sec/students/student-project-grants/index.html for all the details including the eligibility requirements, application and selection process.
Applications are TOMORROW, no later than 4:00pm on Friday February 25th, 2015! Best of luck to all applicants!
Monday, February 23, 2015
ARTS STUDENTS, YOUR TIME IS NOW!
Throughout the night, numerous prizes will be awarded for individual and group performances, and the most active program of the night will have the honour of hoisting the House Cup, the Faculty Gnome, and will be awarded with a pizza party by the Student Experience Centre - your program is counting on you!
Mark the date, collect your friends, and start practicing those vocal runs and choreographed routines.
We will see you there,
Your Faculty Course Unions